I thought I would come do a quick blog post...logged on to my computer...got to my blog...signed in...and now I'm staring at the screen, trying to find something witty, intelligent, worthwhile, entertaining, or interesting to say.
I don't. Nothing. Nothing comes to mind. LOL
So instead, I'll tell you that both girls got their report cards yesterday and did great -- straight As for both of them. We're so proud of them. They both excel in school and are wonderful students.
DH's basketball team has won their first three games. That's always a good thing! He only has one game this weekend (last weekend he had three), and that's a good thing, too.
I've managed to clean out another kitchen cabinet this week, and make some minor inroads on cleaning out my closet. I find myself going through the house, looking for things I can set aside for friends, donate to Goodwill or other charities, or throw away. I feel almost a very compelling need to bring order to our home -- and that means some serious decluttering, getting rid of things, and deciding what we really want our home to be. I want it to be warm, inviting, peaceful, and a real retreat from the world. We have a long way to go, but I'm glad I have even felt like doing this -- it's something I have actively resisted in the past. I won't say I enjoy it, but there is something satisfying about seeing the end result. Speaking of which, the girls' rooms have stayed clean all week and they've even remembered (with only some reminding) to straighten their beds every morning.
Another small success is that we have had family scripture study every night this week. I have also felt a need to do this and make it part of our routine -- not a compelling need, but an urgent need. I don't understand it, but I know that it is very, very important and we have got to do this. I hope Heavenly Father isn't trying to prepare me for a massive trial...we don't need that! But I've noticed that the girls have gotten along better this week and there has been more peace in our home. That's a very good thing.
Hmmmmm...maybe I did have something to say, after all!
No comments:
Post a Comment