I have started referring to 10:46 pm as "the witching hour." For some strange reason, I end up awake, looking at the clock, at 10:46 p.m. every night. It's been going on for months. If I'm asleep, I wake up and look at the clock. If I'm awake, I manage to roll over and look at the clock. 10:46 p.m. Every single night.
It's getting old. I can't figure out why this is happening!!
Along other lines...a public service announcement.
One of my dear friends has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery yesterday and it went well. I will not go into further details because I do not want to invade her privacy.
What I do want to do, and feel very strongly about today, is to encourage all of you to do your monthly self-exams. If you're supposed to be getting mammograms, get them. Now. Don't put it off. If you haven't seen your doctor in a while, make an appointment. Just do it. Your life and your health is too precious to gamble with...particularly when early detection is so crucial.
Do it for yourself, or your children, or your family, or your friends...but please, do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment