And I'm already not doing well with my resolutions for this year! LOL We did make more progress on cleaning and organizing...I sorted my sweaters and am getting rid of a bunch of those, took a carload of stuff to Goodwill, and finished B's bedroom yesterday. It looks great. Both girls' bedrooms look great...now the challenge is to keep them that way. I need to decide what room will be next in my yearlong endeavor to conquer clutter.
We switch to the 1 p.m. schedule at church today. YEA! We all slept in this morning and it's so peaceful in our house right now with everyone able to take their time getting ready. I really prefer afternoon church.
M's basketball teams won their games this weekend, which is always a good thing.
I went back to work Friday after being off for 2 weeks. I usually dread going back to work after being off for a while, but I think that's because I don't usually feel rested and refreshed after my time off. I can't remember the last time I took 2 weeks off to just stay in town and hang out (usually if I take that much time off it's to go visit family). It was nice to feel like I was ready to go back. I enjoyed my time off but felt ready to get back to our (crazy) daily routines and schedules. Work is going to be really hectic for the next several months so I'll have to take advantage of any opportunity I get to take time off.
We received a Christmas card from the family of one of my former (and favorite) piano students. I love staying in touch with friends. They wrote such a sweet personal note in the card about Joanna still playing the piano (she's the pianist at church) and how she has overcome her nervousness at playing in public. It really made me feel good...for one of my many students, maybe I really made a difference and taught her something she can use and enjoy throughout her entire life. That's what I want my daughters to learn about music -- that it is something you can love and enjoy and continue doing (and learning) throughout your entire life.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. You're gonna make me cry! I love you so much and wish you were up here! You CHANGED MY LIFE.
I play for all the church meetings each sunday, baptisms (the missionaries like to call me the day before), special musical numbers (this Christmas I was the piano for the entire musical program - holy cow), ward choir, institute choir (when I can), and every other anything you can think of. WHY? Because you believed in me... and I learned to believe in myself because of that.
Because of you, I dance. Because of you I can lead music, all key signatures. Because of you, I sing. Because of you, I NEVER run my hand down the middle of a stapled publication. Ha ha, remember that? You used to tell me if I got caught by the staples my hand would get wrecked. Someone at work did that recently and I chuckled thinking about opening old lesson books.
Because of you, saints in Taiwan have a pianist for few years. I taught an older woman who lived near BYU to read music and get to the point where she could play most of the hymns. Her goal: Be able to play the hymns for the saints in Taiwan when her and her husband serve their mission there. It was a great experience.
You make a great difference in this world. One person at a time and you can affect MILLIONS. Think about it, it's grand!
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Post a Comment