*Last night I went out to dinner with three of my dearest friends. The four of us are known, collectively, as "the Divas." (No, I really have no idea how we got that nickname...LOL!) As is always the case, we had a wonderful time catching up on what's going on in everyone's life, laughing, sympathizing and empathizing, and just spending time together. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- women need close friends. We need these relationships. We need to cherish and nurture these friendships. The Divas are such an awesome support system for me. We had a wonderful time last night and I'm already looking forward to our next get-together.
*I've said before that I love quotes. As I was browsing a catalog a few minutes ago, I came across two quotes that might end up being my new mantras:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
"It's never to late to live happily ever after."
*Our Christmas tree is up and decorated, but it just won't feel like Christmas to me until our nativity set is on display. Our nativity set was a gift I received at my bridal shower, which was held just a few days before Christmas. It was given to me by three or four sisters from church who were a group of very close friends who always had lots of fun together (forerunners of the Divas, perhaps?). While I have lost contact with those women, I still have the nativity set they gave me and we display it every Christmas. I hope DH gets the rest of the Christmas decorations down soon so we can put out the nativity set.
*I need to work on being more assertive in certain situations. I got my nails done yesterday and decided to step outside of my comfort zone and get my nails painted red for the Chistmas season. The person who did my nails insisted on picking out the color for me. I knew when he brought the nail polish over that I wasn't going to like it. Why didn't I say something??? I didn't want to hurt his feelings. He kept going on and on about how it was the perfect Christmas red with a little sparkle in it to represent snowflakes. I just didn't have the heart to tell him I didn't like it. I thought it might look better once it was applied. Ummm, no. Not at all. I didn't have time to repaint my nails yesterday so I went to church with nails that seemed to glow as brightly as Rudolph's nose! LOL I was so self-conscious of themat church. This afternoon A and B helped take the polish off (not an easy task) and A repainted my nails...more of a cranberry color, which is much more "me." I really do need to be a bit more assertive in situations like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment