Saturday, November 24, 2007

Let the Christmas Season Begin!

First -- I am happy to report that our Thanksgiving dinner turned out really well. The only problem was that the gravy didn't thicken as much as I wanted it to, but it could be the recipe I used (sorry Mom -- I went with a Food Network recipe that went with the turkey recipe...guess I should have made it the way you told me to!). Lots of leftovers, which are always yummy!

Christmas season can now begin. We worked on cleaning some things up last night to make space for our Christmas tree, and of course I was out shopping bright and early on Black Friday. Got some good deals on a few things and made a good dent in my shopping list. I'm listening to the new Josh Groban Christmas CD right now (it's really good) and watched -- well, tried to watch -- White Christmas last night. The Christmas season isn't really officially underway until we've watched White Christmas...but I was so exhausted last night that I fell asleep shortly after they arrived in Vermont (must be beautiful this time of year...all that snow...LOL!). Oh well -- we'll have other chances to watch it between now and Christmas. Hopefully our outside lights will be put up sometime this week. I had hoped to make my Christmas cards this weekend, or at least get a good start on them, but that probably won't happen. I really need to get to work on those!

No comments: