Something strange has happened in my home. I'm not going to complain about it, because it's a wonderful thing. But I'm pretty sure our home has been visited by aliens who, somehow, swapped bodies with my children (or whatever it is that body snatchers do) during the night.
Last night, the girls had a huge argument that resulted in one of my children trying to "run away"...and not wanting to speak to anyone for most of the evening. It was not pleasant.
But today they're enjoying each other's company and spending quality time together...A voluntarily got our her saxophone this morning so she and B could work on a Christmas duet. They played some board games after church...are playing together now in the living room, which they have converted into a medical office. Right now they're playing "doctor appointment" -- somehow, all of their injuries seem to be head and foot injuries...things like headaches, messed up ligaments and tendons in ankles, bad knees, etc. Hmmm....I wonder where they came up with all of those maladies. Certainly not from their injury-prone mother. No, certainly not.
B, who is currently the "doctor", just diagnosed A with having "part of your skull bone jammed in and the other part broken," along with torn ligaments, sprains, and bad bruises to her bones (B knows how bad bruised bones hurt!). Ouch. Sounds painful. I'm glad I'm not the patient! Oh, the medical bills are sure to be astronomical!
I am afaid to walk into the living room, lest I somehow disturb the aliens currently inhabiting my children's bodies and unleash an argument or sibling disturbance the magnitude of which surely has never been seen on earth before. So for now I'll enjoy the peace and happiness blanketing our home and try to stay out of the room so I don't disrupt the harmonic convergence that has brought such peace and happiness.
What am I thankful for today?
Frivolous: Shoes. You knew that would come up sooner or later!
Serious: That my girls are currently getting along beautifully.
No comments:
Post a Comment