So I've been in Massachusetts for almost 48 hours, with my sister M and her husband B. Honestly, I have no idea where I am or how to get anywhere from here. I don't think I've seen a straight road since I've been here, LOL! All of the roads are windy and curved...not a straight road in sight.
But it's beautiful. The trees are amazing, even though everyone says that the colors haven't really changed yet. So many colors -- red, yellow, orange, green. Lots of rolling hills and old buildings, small farms. I've seen several little roadside family farms with pumpkin patches and vegetables...Oreo cows (even a baby -- so cute!)...and more beautiful scenery. It has been a great two days.
Yesterday M and I got a pastry from an adorable little bakery and then went to the church in the morning to practice our musical number (we're playing a duet in church on Sunday), then went to some outlets. My number one goal while I was here was to find a pair of khaki pants that actually fit...and I ended up finding two pairs. Yea! Then we went to dinner and a movie with one of M's friends.
Today we got up early (WAY early) and went to Time Out for Women in Hartford, Connecticut. It was fabulous. I knew I needed it, but I had no idea how badly I needed it. I took a lot of notes and have a lot of things to think about and areas I want to improve in my life. I really, really needed this. It was great to be there with M.
Tonight we're going to another movie and then tomorrow is church and maybe a sightseeing drive into Vermont. And then, much too early in the morning, I'll leave to come home on Monday.
I miss my family and can't wait to get back to them!
2 comments:
Sounds like you are having a well deserved and relaxing break! Take lots of pictures to share and have FUN!
Love, Kate
Sounds like a beautiful trip! We're going to New York the end of the month and I can't wait for the true fall weather and changing leaves...
Post a Comment