Thursday, June 7, 2007

A quick update....

I'm sorry to have left my blog on such a sad note for so long. Thank you to everyone who has called, e-mailed, or spoken with me about the last entry. Your support, encouragement, and friendship mean so much to me and I truly appreciate it.

On with life...

A has been up at girls' camp for church this week. The house is strangely quiet without her...but I think B has enjoyed being an "only child" for a few days. DH went up to camp overnight to help out so he was able to check on her. He said she's having a lot of fun and is really enjoying it. I'm so glad! But I'll also be glad when she comes back home! I think B will, too. A's softball team ended up in first place in their age division and the tournament starts next week. Hopefully it will go as well as the regular season went!

B spent the first part of this week with my sister E since DH and I both had to work. She is really helpful with her little cousin N. I have enjoyed spending some extra one-on-one time with her this week. Two nights in a row she cuddled in my bed with me at bedtime. She is tracking the minutes we spend reading together in the evenings so she can earn a free ticket to Six Flags. Hmmmm...if she earns the ticket I guess that means we actually have to go to Six Flags! DH and A have been but B and I haven't, so it would be a new experience for us.

I'm staying busy at work. Very busy. But that's o.k....things will settle down soon.

A friend at work died in a house fire over Memorial Day weekend. He was one of my favorite people at work -- no matter what was going on around him, he was always cheerful, smiling, and calm. I never left any conversation with him without a smile on my face, regardless of how the rest of my day was going. I am going to his memorial service today. He will be missed.

Random thought for the day: ladies, when you wear a skirt or dress, PLEASE wear a slip!!!

No comments: