Thursday, May 24, 2007

“Where the Wild Things Are”

I know it’s been a while since I updated…things have been pretty crazy in our neck of the woods! Yes, I know – that’s pretty normal for us. Between softball, soccer, end of the school year, gymnastics and dance classes and upcoming recital for those, church, and work, it’s been insane around here. The girls are both enjoying their sports (B in soccer and A in softball). B had her dance pictures taken last week and they’re going to be so cute – I can’t wait for her recital. She really didn’t enjoy tap and ballet (A did) but she really loves jazz and wants to continue. A is just doing gymnastics this year and not dance…she is good at all of it but decided to stick with gymnastics.

A had her awards ceremony at school this week and won 5 awards: straight A honor roll, academic team, math team, Most Valuable Player for the 7th grade band, and highest GPA in Spanish for the whole school! We’re very proud of her. We also found out that she did extremely well on the last round of standardized tests. She’s a smart kiddo. B also did very, very well on her last round of standardized tests and her teacher was so excited to tell me about it.

As for the title of this entry…on Saturday I chaperoned A’s band field trip to a theme park. What a day! Our next door neighbor also chaperoned so she and I got our groups together so we could spend some time together. It was a fun day, although exhausting and at times a bit tense. But the kids had a good time and I’m glad I was able to spend the day having fun with A and her friends. And then yesterday was B’s field day at school, so I spent the morning helping her class with relay races and such…another exhausting but fun day. I’m so glad my girls want to have me involved in activities like that. I love spending time with them and just having fun.

B and I are reading some of the Little House on the Prairie books right now and I enjoy spending that bit of time in the evenings with her, curled up on the couch and reading. Lots of wild animals in those books, too!! Seems like I’ve been surrounded by wild kids and now literary wild animals all week!!

Pictures coming soon – I promise!!!

No comments: