Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Do you hear it?

That loud sound of rushing air accompanied by the heavenly hosts singing the "Hallelujah Chorus"?

I found out this morning that my big oral exam (warrant board) at work will not be this week. It will be next Friday.

So the sound of rushing air is me letting out my breath and coming up for air from a weekend full of studying (and middle school science fair projects). I cannot tell you how relieved I am to have another week to study. Granted, another week like the last week...where almost every spare minute has been spent studying and cramming...is neither a fun nor exciting prospect. But it does help save what little bit of sanity I have left.

A finished her display board for her science fair project over the weekend. One of her friends came over and I took them shopping Saturday morning for supplies and then "supervised" their work session. My stomach was in knots every time they opened the bottles of rubber cement...on my living room carpet. Fortunately there were no "accidents"! They really did a nice job on their projects. A and I have a similar eye for design...straight, clean lines, uncluttered layout, and symmetry. She worked really hard on her project over the weekend and did a great job. Now she just has to write the paper summarizing her experiment and the results (in detail) and she's done with the project. Then we wait for the science fair and see how she does. This Saturday she has an academic team competition. That will keep us busy!

B did two scrapbook layouts this weekend...her first paper layouts. She has created a few digital layouts in the last couple of weeks, but these were her first paper layouts. She really did a nice job! She is also very creative. She said she prefers doing "paper layouts" over digital layouts because she likes to work with paper. Just like me! She had a good weekend, in terms of stomach issues. We're still waiting for the results of the bloodwork she had done last week. That reminds me, I need to call the pediatrician's office to see if they have the results yet.

As far as "DO"...I am really proud of myself for the studying I did this weekend. I love my job but must admit that the material I'm studying is quite dull. Sometimes it's really hard to focus but I was able to devote several hours (although not uninterrupted hours) to my studies. If I can get in a good two to three hours every day between now and next Friday I think I'll be in good shape. So I'm proud of myself for making myself "DO" the studying. I also managed to get some laundry done! Such an exciting weekend. Such is my life.

No comments: