The for sale sign went up in the yard yesterday. The house feels so empty -- it actually seems to echo in the kitchen. Mark, Alyssa, Melissa, Bryan, and my parents worked SO hard to get the house ready. (Brie and I helped, but they definitely did the bulk of the work.) The challenge now is to keep the house clean so it can be shown on very little notice. We're hoping to get people looking at it soon. The house will go into the computer system on Monday so hopefully the realtor will start getting phone calls....our fingers are crossed.
It is so strange to be in a house so empty and so clean. LOL It doesn't feel lived in at all. It feels sterile and boring.
Brie is home from girls' camp and had a relatively good time overall, although she definitely didn't like the campground they used for camp this year. Sounds like there were a lot more bugs than there were at the campground they went to last year. The house was too quiet with her gone this week.
Mark and I will be driving up to Virginia next Saturday to do a house hunting trip. Should be interesting....I keep hearing about how horrible the traffic is going to be in the area we're looking at, like two hours to go 10 miles on a Saturday...and that makes me nervous. But it's just too expensive to live in some of the other areas that are closer in and have less traffic.
This has been an emotional week. I definitely could have used my ballet classes this week to clear my mind and focus on something else for a while! I really want a beach trip soon...not in the cards for this coming weekend, but maybe the next weekend or the next....
1 comment:
i would like o disagree.. although they were working on the house, i had to watch abunch of screaming children. -Brie
Post a Comment