Well, we seem to be making progress, although at times it is hard to tell. The major accomplishment over the last few days was Mark, with the help of Alyssa, Bryan, and my Dad, getting the new kitchen and laundry floor put in, and the new kitchen countetops are almost done. Still lots of painting and touch-up work to be done in the kitchen but it's getting there. The challenge now is to figure out what needs to go back into the kitchen and the cabinets and what can be put in boxes, so that it looks like there is as much room in there as possible. I feel like we're doing all the work that the movers are going to be paid to do, boxing things up. It's quite frustrating.
The girls' bedrooms are getting there, also. Alyssa still needs to sort through and box up more clothes and shoes, but the main cleaning is done. I haven't started on our bedroom yet, really. I guess I'm going to work on that this afternoon, as much as I hate to do that on a Sunday. We're just running out of time. The realtor is coming over tomorrow night to get the paperwork signed to list the house. We haven't even started on the outside. And all of the wood trim throughout the entire house needs work...patching up, filling in, and painting all of it. Not to mention that the hall needs to be completely repainted, and the living room and kitchen need to be touched up and the master bathroom needs to be repainted. *Sigh*
There is just SO much to do, and at times (ok, always) it is overwhelming. People keep asking if they can help but I don't even know where to begin to take them up on the offered help. I wish I had a master checklist and I could just make copies, hand it to people, and tell them to just pick something on the list and do it.
Mark still hasn't heard anything on job interviews, and that makes me nervous. He is a good teacher and very marketable, but it makes me anxious that we're moving somewhere so incredibly expensive and he doesn't have a job lined up yet. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment