Thursday, October 4, 2007

Not sure what to post....

I spoke too soon on Sunday -- I ended up having to come back to work for a few hours. But all's well that ends well.

My best friend Jamie gave birth to a beautiful baby boy yesterday. He is sweet and adorable and absolutely perfect. I got to hold him, cuddle him, and ooh and aah over him. It was wonderful. That little boy is going to be smothered in love from his parents and older siblings.

I ended up ordering a different gown for A for her pageant. It should arrive this weekend or Monday...we're excited to see how it looks on her. Now to find an interview outfit...a feat that is turning out to be much more difficult than it was last year. And also need to figure out what she's going to wear for her casual wear ("fun in the sun" -- the instructions are to wear something you would wear to a summer party...ugh).

I took Monday off work, as well as yesterday afternoon. I'm still feeling really drained from the last several weeks at work. I can't seem to get back to my normal energy level. I think I've passed some point of no return and it might take a while longer to bounce back from the stress of this past year. It has definitely been a stressful year.

I'm on a bit of a downer right now and am not sure how to find my way out....it's not fun. I'm not usually like this and I don't like it at all. Even good dark chocolate (in large quantities) isn't helping. I'm looking forward to my trip to visit my sister M next week (though it looks like the dates will have to move a bit because of work). I'm hoping the change of scenery for a few days will help. If nothing else, the retail therapy we have planned during my visit should help!

I finally figured out why the entrance/exit at Wal-Mart are backwards. When you're driving on the street, you drive on the right side of the road. When walking in a mall or other crowded venue, the general rule of thumb is to stay to the right. The entrance door at every Wal-Mart I can think of is on the left -- not the right. That's what makes it backwards.

No comments: