Thursday, August 30, 2007

Random Thoughts

Goodness, it's been a while! I need to post the next installment of our Disney trip report...will do that soon.

In the meantime, I thought I would post a few random thoughts....

1. I am now the mother of an official teenager. I'm really not sure how this happened...A growing up so quickly. She's now just a few inches shorter than I am and wears almost the same size shoes. She wears makeup (a little) and adorable clothes and loves softball. She is like me in many respects...loves shoes (see Random Thought #2 below), loves makeup, loves to look cute and put together and nice, and is very particular about certain things. We both have problems with keeping our bedrooms clean, and we both love to be busy, busy, busy. Reading? Love it. But she is her own individual person, different from me. She loves her chosen sport and is much braver at trying new things than I ever was. I am so grateful for her, and am glad she is part of our family.

2. Shoes. Love, love, love shoes! I went shopping last night and bought a few new pairs...if you're a shoe fanatic, get thee to Dillard's season clearance sale, going on now. 75% off -- gotta love it! I paid $15 for some $90 shoes...that's my kind of deal! Black leather sling backs with pointed toes and a fabulous heel ("wicked witch of the west shoes", according to my Dad). A couple of other pairs at amazing prices....and some adorable Steve Madden black pumps for A (age appropriate, of course -- rounded toe and low heel). Somehow, buying a new pair of shoes (at a great price) really lifts my spirits, and I needed that last night. Work is absolutely kicking my tail right now. Of course, I went shopping for a specific color/style of shoe and of course I couldn't find it (haven't been able to find it for 2 years)...but the other ones I bought were a nice consolation prize.

3. The weather has cooled off a bit and we've had rain over the last few days. We really need rain. It makes it terribly humid, but I won't complain (at least not too much or too loudly).

4. My sister M and her husband have been approved for adoption through LDS Family Services. We are so excited for them. There is a link to her blog on the left side of my blog...if you know of anyone who is looking for an amazing, loving, fun, wonderful family for their baby, please put them in touch with my sister M. She and her husband will be incredible parents and have so much love to offer. We are hoping the wait will not be long...

5. B is reading the Harry Potter books and has one chapter left in Book 2. She'll be starting Book 3 today. We have had some good discussions about the books. Her comprehension skills are amazing! Since getting her reading glasses, reading has became one of her favorite activities. She also started fall soccer this week and loves it. My girls are so different from each other...B can't stand softball, and A can't stand soccer. LOL But why, oh why, do softball and soccer seasons have to be at the same time??? LOL

No comments: