1. We went to a dance performance by the BYU-Idaho Dance Alliance this week. They did a great job and we really enjoyed it. I immediately noticed two things: all of the dance moves were decent (nothing raunchy) and all of the costumes were modest. Even the short swing dance costumes had "bike shorts" under them...nothing sleeveless, really short, skin tight, etc. They did all kinds of different styles of dance and it was really great. We had fun...I think DH even enjoyed it, which is saying a lot!
2. Today I went to a temple sealing. It was beautiful. I didn't cry at all at my own wedding, but I bawled all the way through this one! It was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I went. I really, really needed to be in the Temple today. It's been a rough few weeks and I needed that boost.
3. Also today, I drove by myself to the temple for the first time. Not a big deal, you say? Well, it is for me since the temple is almost 2 hours away. I haven't really ever driven very far by myself. I was proud of myself that I didn't get lost!
4. Poor B got a really bad sunburn at her soccer game today. She is so red!!
5. B's birthday is coming up and I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get her for her birthday. She'll be getting baptized and she's so excited!
6. I am feeling an incredibly strong urge to indulge in some serious retail therapy. I'm trying very, very hard to resist since I'm trying to save up some extra money for our trip to Disney World this summer. I passed the outlets on the way home...it took a lot of willpower not to stop and shop.
No comments:
Post a Comment