Monday, March 26, 2007

Time Goes By...

Oh my, has it been a week already? I guess it has!

Last week was busy...as all weeks are. That's life in our family...always on the go.

Friday night DH and I actually went on a date. Wow -- the first in AGES! We went out to dinner and it was pretty good. Then we went to Bass Pro Shops to buy one of his birthday gifts. Two of my coworkers love Bass Pro Shops (really, it's quite unhealthy how obsessed they are with all things fishing) and I had heard grand tales of the mecca that is BPS. Aside from being surrounded by all things camouflage (yuck) and more fishing poles, fishing lures, and camping gear than I ever care to see again in my life, I have to say that the store wasn't that bad, in terms of visual interest. There is a huge fish tank in the center of the store and that was pretty cool. The landscaping around the outside of the store is nice, and the store was definitely decorated in a rustic way. The layout of the store, however, was confusing and left much to be desired. But it really doesn't matter -- I don't plan to go back! I'm so glad my husband isn't into bass fishing...

B had a soccer game on Saturday. She played well (considering she's much, much younger than anyone else on her team or the opposing team) and had lots of fun. We all got sunburns despite the glorious 83 degree temperature. Now, flash forward to September and add about 15 degrees plus humidity to the temperature...fall softball season is MISERABLE for spectators!

A and I went to the YW General Broadcast at church Saturday night. It was really good. I was sad that the turnout was so low...only 6 girls from our ward and 4 from the other. I'm hoping the other girls watched it at home since it was shown on DISH and DirecTV. It was really, really good. I loved Pres. Hinckley's remarks. He gave the girls a "recipe" for life, with just four ingredients:

1. Pray (personal prayers and family prayers)
2. Study (scriptures and get a good education)
3. Pay tithing (no-brainer!)
4. Attend church meetings

One of the men at church was there for part of the broadcast and he talked about this and said, "I can do 4 things!" I, too, can do 4 things. I need to resolve to do better and some of these things. Some I do pretty good with...but some others I really need to work on. But I *can* do 4 things!

No comments: