Saturday, February 17, 2007

Safe and Sound

Alyssa arrived safely in Boston. We got to the airport with time to spare and had a nice lunch (A, DH, and me)....then DH went out to the car to nap (he got home at 2:30 this morning) and I took A to the gate to wait for the plane. She was excited...but a little nervous at the same time. But when they took her to board the plane she didn't even look back -- she was ready to go! We had a few anxious moments, hoping M and her Dh would get to the airport in time (traffic problems) but M sprinted (literally) from the security checkpoint to the gate and she made it with several minutes to spare. A called from the plane when it landed and she sounded so excited. She said the flight was good and smooth, which is a relief for me.

And me? Well, I did better than I expected. I only cried a little, and I was able to hold off the tears until after she boarded the plane. Does it ever get easier to send them off on their way?

I know M and her DH will take good care of her, and she's going to have a wonderful time. Like DH said on the way home from the airport, this is a trip A will remember for the rest of her life.

But oh, I miss her already!

No comments: