A few random thoughts....
1. I can't stand the 9 a.m. church schedule. Especially when I'm not feeling well and haven't had enough sleep and I'm tired and worn out. Oh, how I miss the 1 p.m. schedule!
2. Some dreams are achieved, to much celebration and rejoicing. Some dreams get replaced by other dreams as life and priorities change. There are dreams that lie dormant, poking out when they think it's safe to come out and face the world. But some dreams die...some quickly and quietly...others quickly and with much suffering. And others get slowly suffocated until they just can't be revived. Some of my dreams really need to have a DNR order...it's just too painful to accept the fact that it's time to "pull the plug," so to speak.
3. I want so badly to go back to school. I have got to find a way to make it work.
4. I'm hoping to try a new recipe for roasting a whole chicken tomorrow. I've never tried this before. Could be interesting!
5. A is giving B a piano lesson right now. A has been giving her lessons for several weeks. It was DH's idea. I'm still not sold on the idea but up until now it's gone fairly well. Today, not so much. I think I just need to bite the bullet and sign B up for piano lessons with A's teacher. I'm not excited about how much that's going to cost. The piano teacher is getting rich off of us! LOL
6. I have to teach the YW lesson next Sunday. Yikes!! It's on the divine role of women (I think that's the topic). Again, could be interesting. Particularly since I don't fit the stereotypical image of a Mormon wife and mother.
7. One of my dear friends moved back from out of state a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad she's back! I saw her today for just a minute and it was wonderful. I have missed her. I need to make more time to connect with my friends.
8. Something interested I picked up on in church today: it's easy to do what we ought to do when it is also what we want to do. The challenge comes when what we ought to do is not what we want to do. How true that is in my life!
9. Tomorrow things start to get really, really crazy at work. There will be some long days and weekends...I'm not looking forward to it. It's going to last for at least 3 months, and probably a few months longer than that. There have already been complaints and rumblings about how much we have to get done in the next few months. And I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to things like this at work. We just have to do whatever it takes to get this project done right. I hope I can get through it with my teams not hating me!
10. Each of my siblings inspires me in a different way. All of them are amazing, and I don't think any of them realize just how amazing they are. Especially my brother. I need to tell him that.
No comments:
Post a Comment