I love quotes. I love to read them, think about them, collect them... I just love them.
I came across one today that strikes a chord within me and reminds me of something I made a goal to do last year, or perhaps the year before.
"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."
-Dawna Markova
That goal was to live in every moment and be present in my own life. I don't know that I've actually done such a great job of that. But I was reminded in General Conference last weekend, again, how important family is and how important this work that I am doing as a mother -- my most important work -- is important and it matters, and that I need to be present in my own life, and I need to be present in the lives of my husband and children. I need to enjoy the moments that are gifted to us and I need to appreciate all of them, and to teach my children to appreciate all of those moments.
The old quote comes to mind -- and I will paraphrase for surely I will get it wrong: Our life is God's gift to us. What we make of our life is our gift to God.
Am I living and being present in each moment of my life, appreciating the small and precious things, being open to promptings of the Spirit to act, choosing to live valiantly and courageously up to my divine potential?
I don't know that I am. But I know that I need to try.
No comments:
Post a Comment