Monday, April 1, 2013

A Day Late, but it's Not My Fault!

I was just too sick to post yesterday!

We got home from our spring break trip yesterday afternoon.  We had originally planned to be home late Saturday night but that didn't happen because, as seems to now be the norm on our trips to visit family, I got sick.  This time it was my Dad's fault.  He came down with a stomach virus Tuesday night and I ended up with it.  Truth be told I didn't feel well the entire time we were in Georgia, and I thought it was probably more than just my "usual" stomach trouble.  Well, it definitely was.  It really hit full force on the drive home Saturday and Mark finally convinced me, in the uppermost part of North Carolina, that there was no way I could handle another five hours on the road.  And he was right.  So we got a hotel in North Carolina and stayed there for the night, where I was sick, sick, sick.  Fortunately I had forewarned a friend in our ward that I might need her to play the piano for the choir so she was prepared and ready to go.  We got home yesterday afternoon and I promptly crashed on our big bean bag sofa and slept.  And was grateful to be out of the car.  As for Easter dinner?  I had ginger ale and Mark and Brie had a frozen pizza.  Easter dinner will have to wait a few days until I can stomach the thought of cooking and eating again.  Right now it's ginger ale and toast for me.

We did have a good time visiting family, though.  It was so much fun to see everyone.  The babies (Parker and Moriah) are growing so fast and getting so big!  It's fun to listen to them laugh, coo, and squeal.  Moriah got her first tooth while we were there and went swimming in a big swimming pool for the first time.  We got lots of cuddle time in with the babies.  I was able to catch up with some friends and did some shopping with my Mom.  The best part of all, though, was going to the temple on Saturday as a family and doing some family temple work.  That was wonderful.

The weather was less than spring-like during our trip, though.  It was cold almost the entire time we were in Georgia!  *pout*  It finally got nice the last two days of our trip.  But today the sun is out in Virginia and I hope spring really is around the bend.  I'm SO ready for spring.

Alyssa was able to enjoy Easter festivities with Mark's family in Salt Lake.  Mark's parents do a big Easter meal and have a big egg hunt for the grandkids...even though the grandkids are getting to be older now (Brie is the youngest one, and she's almost 14!).  It was the first time she was able to spend Easter with Mark's family and we're happy that she was able to do that.

In other news...the furlough is now down to 14 days, scheduled to start in June.  We'll see what happens.  I'm holding on to faith and hope.

Alyssa will be home from BYU is 26 days...not that I'm counting or anything.  Also in 26 days?  Her mission papers will be submitted.  Wow...big changes and life events ahead for our family.

1 comment:

jamie said...

26 days!!! Not long (certainly count down worthy!) !!

Sorry you were so sick, the drive home sounds like it was horrible. Next time you are down here we need to walk and/or go to lunch!