Thursday, March 21, 2013

Remember Me....

It's another one of those days where I find myself trying desperately to cling on to hope...to anything positive.  I am surrounded by so much bad news, unhappiness, unpleasantness, etc., at my job...I can't bury my head in the sand and pretend it isn't there.  I'm surrounded all day every day by stuff having to do with the furlough and that just makes it SO incredibly depressing.  I'm trying so hard to hold on...

This morning as I was getting ready for work, the lyrics of a song I haven't heard in a long time came to mind.  I searched online to find the full lyrics but couldn't find them.  This song is by a group of three LDS women who put out a CD that I really love.  This is one of the songs from that CD that touched me the most, and the one that has been constantly "on play" in my mind this morning...

Remember Me

One day as I sat troubled by the challenges of life
And threatened by demands on every side
Confused at all the thought of all that seemed to be for naught
And realizing that my heart was filled with pride,
As I sat there, self-condemned, unsure that I could ever change
But longing for that peace so hard to find,
I felt His quiet presence and a gentle reprimand.
And as an overwhelming calmness filled my mind
I heard Him say...

Remember me when life gets hard to bear.
Remember me when joy replaces care.
Remember me when worldly wisdom's shallow peace is gone.
Remember I'm the one who shares your burden and your song.
And so remember me.
Remember me.
Remember I am with those who remember me.

Since them I've tried to understand the vow I make each week.
To always keep the Savior in my heart is the answer to each question that arises every day
For through His knowledge and His wisdom I am taught.
My weaknesses of anger, of intolerance and pride
I am overcoming through the Savior's grace.
And when I make mistakes, repentance brings me to His side.
And comforted I feel His warm embrace and hear Him say....

Remember me when life gets hard to bear.
Remember me when joy replaces care.
Remember me when worldly wisdom's shallow peace is gone.
Remember I'm the one who shares your burden and your song.
And so remember me.
Remember me.
Remember I am with those who remember me.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Beautiful lyrics!
Sounds like you're experiencing one of those times when there's only 1 set of "Footprints in the Sand"...He'll carry you through! (((HUGS)))