Sunday, February 10, 2013

Random Thoughts

A smattering of my random thoughts on this Sunday afternoon...

*It's been a rather uneventful week here.  It snowed once, but melted very quickly.

*I may have finally found the secret to catnapping on the morning commute...listening to the scriptures on my phone.  That wasn't why I started listening to them...I am trying to make the commute time productive and uplifting at the same time, and I can't read in a moving vehicle.  So I decided to listen to the Book of Mormon on the way to work every morning.  Unfortunately, this activity has an unintended consequence...I end up dozing off and then waking up a few verses later.  Not good...well, the sleep is good but the effectiveness of this particular method of scripture study is definitely lacking!  I need to find another way to get my scripture study in and have it be effective.  Along those lines...what scripture study tips work for you?

*Brie babysat for one of my co-workers last night and earned $65!!!  The going rate for babysitters in our area seems to be around $8-$10/hour (for 2-3 children), and the couple ended up being out two hours longer than they expected due to a power outage at one of the metro stations.  She has decided to save up for a new iPod...this will give her a good start!

*We all worked yesterday on organizing our kitchen pantry and it's looking much better.  I'm very excited with the progress. 

*We had the sister missionaries over for dinner last night.  Now that we're in a situation where Mark is home in the evenings we are finally able to start having the missionaries over again.  It's fun to have they over.  The sister missionaries in our ward are so sweet!

*Shortly after we moved we bought a new mattress for our bed.  It's much taller than our old mattress and Sadie can't jump up on the bed.  So instead she comes to my side of the bed and whines until I lift her up into the bed.  So yesterday I bought some doggie steps, thinking that would solve the problem.  Unfortunately, Sadie appears to be terrified of the steps and won't go near them.  The doggie steps will probably end up going back the store...a waste of $46 (those things aren't cheap!).

*Alyssa has had a good week...and we miss her a lot!!

No comments: