A collection of (sometimes random) musings, ramblings, wonderings, and thoughts from my little corner of the world.
Sunday, May 20, 2012
So Much to do in the Next Two Weeks!
It looks like our house will go on the market in about two weeks. SO much to do before then! Thank goodness my dear sister Melissa and her husband Bryan are going to be here to help us out. The project list:
-Paint pretty much the entire house
-Touch up all trim work through the entire house
-Clean (spotless!) the entire house, including scrubbing the baseboards
-Have the carpents professionally cleaned
-Lay new flooring in the kitchen and laundry room
-Order/install new countertops in the kitchen
-Ceiling touch-up work (fortunately, it doesn't look like we'll have to scrape and redo the ceilings in some of the rooms like we thought since it looks like the faulty tape work can be fixed without having to redo everything. I hope so!)
-Install new doorbell
-Weed the flowerbeds and put down pine straw, and more flowers in the front beds
-Declutter, dejunk, and pack up much of what is in the house
-Fix outdoor wood trim and columns that need to be fixed
I'm already exhausted. We may have to have a couple of "work party" days and ask for volunteers, although I really didn't want to have to do that. I don't like asking people to help with things like that, although several people have kindly offered.
The realtor vetoed the flooring and countertops we had picked out and made a different suggestion. I like her suggestion, but I'm having a hard time picking out flooring to go with the countertops she recommended. I am not good at all at putting colors/textures/patterns together. I'm going to ask her to come back one more time before we order everything to get her stamp of approval on the things we picked out. I don't want to spend a lot on something that isn't going to look good.
As for the selling price of the house, this is one of those moments when I'm kicking myself over our dealings with our builder. He cut two feet off of the house but we didn't fight him for a price reduction. We should have. There are other things we should have fought him on. We won't make as much as I had hoped on the sale of our home, but we're really hoping we won't lose money on it. If the Government ends up having to buy the house it looks like we WILL lose money, so we need to have this house in optimal condition when it goes on the market and priced right. We absolutely can't afford to lose money on this house!!!
This is such a stressful process and I constantly find myself questioning my sanity and why we're doing this in the first place. I know this move is the right thing to do -- deep down -- but I find my faith wavering when faced with the prospect of potentially losing money on our home and Mark not having a job in Virginia yet. STRESS...much prayer, and many tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Personally, I'm very excited that you are coming to live here! This is a great place to live, we love it here and i know you will too once you are settled.
Please call me for anything! When are you actually moving up here?
Post a Comment