Sunday, November 1, 2009

Oops, I Did it Again....

Forgot to update my blog. Let life get away from me. Neglected to keep my five readers filled in on our life. Sorry! I really do have good intentions...but I'm the Queen of Procrastination. I have perfected the art. And when you get really, really good at procrastinating, then things just don't get done. I'm pretty good at that. Just take a look at my house.

So what has been going on in our family since school began (almost 3 months ago...yes, I know...it's been a while)? A has been running cross country and she absolutely loves it. She placed in the top 10 in the county and will be running in the state meet next weekend. She is excelling in all of her classes (100 in everything but Spanish III) and was nominated for the Georgia Governor's Honors Program (open only to 10th and 11th grade gifted students who are nominated by their teachers) in four subjects. Four!! Unfortunately, the students can only select one nomination to pursue and so she is pursuing the math nomination. If it wasn't for the fact that she looks exactly like her Daddy's side of the family, I would swear that she wasn't my child...that she must have been switched at birth...because I can't even add correctly with a calculator. She amazes me with her math ability. Mainly, I am amazed because it all makes sense to her. "Rational numbers"? Sorry, but in my mind there is nothing rational at all about numbers. She is staying busy with school, cross country, and church. She hasn't had as much time for friends and socializing as she would like in the last couple of months between homework and cross country. But she's doing great.

B's soccer season is almost over. She is playing on the U-11 Academy Girls A team and, since we don't have an Academy U-12 girls' team, her team is playing U-12 teams from around the state. There have been some losses this season but they're doing pretty well at holding their own aginst older and bigger (in some cases, much bigger) girls. She loves soccer! The season ends in a few weeks and then we have a little bit of time off before spring season starts. She is also excelling in school and has really impressed her teacher with her writing ability. She had so much fun trick or treating with some of her soccer teammates last night! She is growing up so fast...

M is staying busy, too. Softball season is over, although it didn't go as well as he would have liked. Basketball tryouts started last week and so now he's focused on basketball. We don't get much of a break from sports in our home!

And I'm staying busy, too. Unfortunately, B caught a cold a few weeks ago and passed it on to me -- 3 1/2 weeks later, I still can't get rid of it. It's pretty miserable.

I took the girls to Disney World in October to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party -- a mother/daughters weekend. We had so much fun (even though we got a little lost on the way down and the way back -- darn GPS!). We had so much fun at the party and got to ride every ride we wanted without waiting (I think we waited 15 minutes for one ride, but that was it)...lots of trick or treating, and the decorations were amazing. We're already talking about going back next year. We went to both Disney water parks (loved them) and met up with some friends while we were down there. Grandma and Papa went to Disney World the same weekend so we were able to meet up with them and show them around Downtown Disney. We had a great time. The only downside was the heat wave -- it was over 90 degrees the night of the party, with no breeze. It was HOT, HOT, HOT. But we loved it and can't wait to go back for another Halloween Party.

It's hard to believe summer is over and fall is here. We have apples going in the dehydrator and we're going to make homemade applesauce. The weather is changing and the leaves are turning. Thanksgiving will be upon us in just a few weeks...before we know it. I need to take more time to focus on my blessings and the many things I am grateful for. I need to have an "attitude of gratitude." I really have been blessed abundantly!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey - I know you! Glad to see you back in blog-land. I'm with you on the math thing -- A & M can have it! I don't want anything to do with math.

Andrea W said...

Sounds like things are going fabulously! I'm so jealous you live so close to Disney!