Yeah, I guess it has. Wow. I knew it had been a while but I didn't realize it had been that long!
I can't really say that nothing has been going on because that isn't the case. As usual, things have been incredibly busy in our home.
A is still running track and she absolutely loves it. There must be something wrong with that girl! (Just kidding) This week is the regional qualifying meet and she will be running the 800m. The track workouts have been hard but she loves them. She received an award at school for straight A honor roll. This week she is taking end of course tests in three of her classes. Why on earth they give end of course tests a month before school ends...it doesn't make any sense to me.
B is still busy with soccer and has managed to stay injury-free for a few days. After the wrist injury had healed up she managed to sprain her ankle. Did you know that a figure eight, lacing ankle wrap (sorry, I don't know the technical term) costs $188? Isn't that crazy? Oh well...the ankle is now fine as well. We're hoping she can stay injury-free for the rest of the season. Her field day at school is coming up and she's very excited about that. She is also doing a presenttion at school this week on Kentucky (her gifted class has been studying various states this year and her assigned state is Kentucky). Her birthday is coming up quickly and it's so hard to believe our baby is growing up so fast.
We went to the beach in Florida with my parents and my sister Erin and her family this weekend. It was wonderful. I love the beach. There is something so peaceful, relaxing, and restorative about the beach. I didn't get in the ocean -- not once, and I had no desire to -- but just sitting or laying on the beach in the sun, with a gentle breeze, watching my girls play or just reading a book...to me that is the perfect way to relax. I also enjoyed some time in the swimming pool (the pool water was almost too warm) and the hot tub, enjoyed a movie one night on the pool deck with my parents and daughter, and got in some outlet shopping time (but couldn't find the items I really wanted). We ate at some great restaurants (we hadn't been to a Red Robin since we left Alaska!) and, all-in-all, had a wonderful time. I'm already looking forward to next year when we go back.
I have finalized (I think) the plans for our trip to Disney World this year. Well, mostly finalized. I still need to pin down what we'll be doing on our first day in the parks with my parents...but I need their input for that. We're looking forward to spending that day in the parks with them and we're hoping they enjoy it as much as we do.
I've been having stomach problems again and will be having a test done next month. I have a polyp on my gallbladder (yeah, I've never heard of anything like that before either) and my doctor wants to do another test. Fun stuff. I'm not looking forward to it.
2 comments:
Oy!!! Gallbladder problems are not fun, I had stones when I was pregnant once and then had my GB removed when the baby was 6 weeks old...
Sounds like your cute family is busy busy- do they really call it "the beach" in the south? I now back east everyone said 'The Shore"- Your day there sounds perfect- someday i'll have a beach house... even if it's just for a weekend!!
The whole time I was sick, we have planned a big vacation to Disney World for when I got better. I'm still making progress and not all the way there yet, but really really close. We'll probably put that vacation off until next year. We've been dreaming of this for a long time.
Maren
Post a Comment