Why yes, it has been raining here today!
This morning, my grandmother took all of the "grown up girls" and my two daughters and we went to the nail salon for pedicures. It was so much fun, and so relaxing! We had a good time. We won't talk about the fact that I really, really, really don't like the way my toes are painted (why did I let her talk me into a french manicure on my toes? I never like the way it looks) or the fact that she cut my toenails on my big toes too short and now they hurt. *Sigh* If I had known we were going to get pedicures this weekend, I wouldn't have cut my toenails a few days ago. LOL Doesn't it always go that way?
Then we went to lunch at Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden! Unfortunately, just after the salad and breadsticks arrived, Adorable (my sister's foster daughter) decided to throw up...all over poor A (the biggest germophobe you'll ever meet) and in my handbag (how do you clean a Coach fabric handbag???)...poor Adorable...and poor A and B, both of whom immediately freaked out and started crying and carrying on. Granted, it was all over A's clothing. Kohl's to the rescue! There is a Kohl's right there by Olive Garden so I ran her over there quickly to buy a pair of jeans and a shirt...and we found out that she can now wear Levi's in a size 0! Yea -- we might be almost done buying size 00 from a catalog!! Adorable is fine and I am sure A and B will recover from the trauma at some point in time. Although I'm pretty sure A may never have children of her own...ROTFLOL! As for my handbag, it will be no worse for the wear, I'm sure.
After that I went to the church to practice the music for our upcoming Christmas cantata at church. We're doing a cantata that I have loved for years and I am really, really excited about it. Just playing the music makes me happy and helps me feel the Christmas spirit. I enjoyed that.
Right now, DH and A are at a car dealership talking about pricing for a new car. Nothing is decided yet, although we definitely need a new (or newer) car and now is a good time to pursue that. I have discovered that my car insurance company has a car buying service with pre-negotiated prices, so no haggling is required. Gotta love that! Now to decide what kind of car...we're looking at a Honda and a Toyota. We looked into used cars but with the sales and incentives right now, a 3-4 year old car with under 50,000 miles is only about $2000 less than the same car, but new. And the new cars have, in general, better financing. The question is this: will the dealership be willing to come down on the price of the Honda? If not, then I think we'll go with the Toyota. Honestly, I will be perfectly happy with either of them. So DH is off dealing with them...I'll step in with my "contracting officer" skills if needed (since that's what I do for a living for the Government). But I'd really rather not have to deal with all of it. I'm happy to let DH do it. We'll see how it all turns out.
Yesterday we bought a new Christmas tree and I'm looking forward to setting it up and decorating the house. It will be interesting to see how Sadie, our puppy, reacts to the tree. Abby, our other dog, never bothers the tree or the gifts. I have a feeling that Sadie will be a bit of a challenge.
Christmas really is just around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment