Yes, I know -- that's a terribly exciting, descriptive title for a blog entry! LOL
A's team won their first softball game...A was the starting pitcher as well as lead-off batter...she also scored a run. Yea! B had a fundraiser "fun run" at school and ran 2 1/4 miles. Wow! She was sore for a few days after that. DH's team also won a game this week...so that's two wins, one loss for them.
I decided not to do the job interview. It just wasn't the right timing, nor was it the right job. I'm happy with the decision. Interestingly enough, I was approached this week with two other job opportunities...both would involve leaving here so I'm not pursuing them right now. Of course, the one that I really want the most is the one I'm not qualified (I would have to be promoted to the next grade and be at that grade for a year before I would be eligible). But it's nice to know that people "at the top" know who I am and are interested in my abilities and what I have to offer.
And in other news...I have a secret to share. While DH and the girls were gone this summer, I got hooked on the Twilight books. Seriously hooked. As in really, entirely, completely, and totally hooked. Yeah. Bigtime hooked. LOL I have spent a lot of time analyzing, dissecting, and discussing the books and characters with one of my friends and it reminded me how much I love literature and doing that kind of analysis. Darn, maybe I should have been a literature teacher! Seriously, I have really enjoyed our discussions. I have to admit that I am 200% on "Team Edward" and was so glad when Bella finally got that entire thing straightened out (for those of you who have read the books, you know what I'm talking about -- and for those of you who haven't, you'll just have to read them). I'm looking forward to seeing the movie on opening night...going with a friend and taking a bunch of the YW with us because they want to see it to. We can't wait!
But these books have reminded me, again, how much I love to read. Not just anything...but I do love to read. I love the Harry Potter books and have enjoyed reading, analyzing, and discussion them with my sisters and friends. And now I have another series to read, analyze and discuss. I can't wait to start reading "The Host," Stephenie Meyer's latest novel. I find it incredibly refreshing to find books that are not filled with profanity, sex, drugs, drinking, etc. I must admit to loving the Shopaholic series, but there are things that leave much to be desired. And there really isn't any analyzing that can be done with those books, LOL! But with Harry Potter and the Twilight books, there is so much to think about. I love books like that. I love that the Twilight books convey romantic intensity without immorality...What can I say -- I'm a sucker for a beautiful love story, and Edward and Bella's love story is about as good as it gets (at least in the reading I've done in the last several years).
And so we prepare to begin another week here...with me reading bits and pieces of my favorite scenes from the books late at night...dreading this weekend because A has a birthday that not only reminds me that my first baby is growing up, but that I am also getting older (don't you just hate how that happens?), and wondering if there is any way I can get DH to read the Twilight books and pick up a few romantic hints.
OK, quit laughing. I know that last one is just a dream! LOL
2 comments:
I have a way for your dream to be answered! I came across a website the other day and immediately thought of you. Check it out -- if only for a good laugh!!
http://www.husbandhero.com/
You'll enjoy the host - Even Butch picked that one up and read it. If you don't want to purchase a copy, we have it here - let me know! I do love her style of writing!
Post a Comment