My family beat me home Monday...they had just gotten home when I arrived from work. It was so good to see them! I swear, the girls each grew four inches while they were gone! A got a beautiful new haircut/highlights by one of her aunts, and B got an adorable haircut by another aunt (talented people!). A has an amazing tan, and B has a few new freckles but, thankfully, no sunburn! It's interesting having one daughter who tans and another daughter who burns badly. We fight to get sunscreen on A, and can't seem to find strong enough sunscreen for B! We have three different sets of sunscreen in our house -- some for A, some for B, and some for DH and myself.
I can't believe how wonderful it feels to have my family home again. The house is filled with life (and bickering...lovely sibling rivalry) and activity and things feel normal and whole again. It's a good feeling. I think I understand a bit more how important the gospel principle of eternal families is. After spending a month without my family, I realize now, more than ever, that to me the true definition of "hell" (pardon my language) would be to spend eternity separated from my husband and daughters, not having the family bond and relationships that we have now. The thought is truly miserable. I was talking with a friend at work about this. Her fiance's church teaches that after this life, marital and family relationships cease to exist and even though you will know your wife/husband/children in Heaven, you will not have those same relationships with them. She doesn't like that idea. I don't either. We talked about it and I had the opportunity to share a bit about our beliefs on that subject with her. It truly reaffirmed my testimony of the eternal nature of temple covenants and eternal families and the importance of living up to my covenants so that I can have an eternal family.
In other news...A had conditioning workouts with the high school softball team this week. She didn't play as well as she wanted to but she's feeling more comfortable and getting better. B had her first Academy level soccer practice today and came home exhausted (and a bit pink...fortunately that was from heat and exertion and not sunburn). DH was impressed with her coach and the trainer and the skill work they did. I think this will be a great season with lots of learning and improvement for her.
We finished up the back-to-school shopping yesterday...I love shopping for school supplies. I don't know why -- I have some kind of weird love affair with school/offices supplies. LOL I love the cute notebooks, colored paper clips, packages of pens and pencils, etc. Love it. We're now ready for school with new clothes, new shoes, and new school supplies. The beginning of the school year is always a fresh start and we are very, very hopeful that this will be a good year for both girls.
Today we also bought a new computer. Our laptop is several years old and is getting to be incredibly slow...not to mention the fact that sometimes it just shuts down in the middle of whatever I happen to be working on. That's so annoying. So we put part of our economic stimulus check to good use and bought a new computer (computer, monitor, and printer bundle). We haven't set it up yet but we're excited to get it up and running.
One more week of summer vacation for the girls, and then school starts. The summer has flown by...much too quickly. It's time to get back to our crazy routines.
2 comments:
Yay! They're home!
Back to the busy-ness! And to make you even more busy...TAG! Check my blog for details :)
Post a Comment