Wow...over a week since I updated. I really haven't had anything to say (ok, you can stop laughing now) and there hasn't been much going on.
A's science fair project is being turned in today. She spent much of the 3-day weekend working on her display and getting everything done. It turned out so well -- she did a great job. Her color scheme this year is hot pink with black and white (zebra stripes) and it looks great. She worked so hard on it! We're really proud of her. She's decided that she wants to sing a solo in the school play (she has the leading role in the play) so we'll be working hard on that.
B is getting ready to do her presentation on Ireland for her gifted class tomorrow. I couldn't find her anything to wear (supposed to wear something that represents the country, but Ireland doesn't have a traditional dress/costume)...so I decided to be brave (and crazy) and made her a skirt and vest. I'm actually happy with how they turned out and she loves them. Now A wants me to make some skirts for her. It will probably be easier to make skirts for her than trying to find stuff in the stores that fit her without needing alternations and are long enough (wishful thinking). I'll be at B's school tomorrow morning to see her presentation. She is excited about it. It's so wonderful that both girls love school and that it comes so naturally and easily to them.
M spent most of yesterday working on one of our cars. Unfortunately it's an older car so it's hard to find parts for it. We love the car dearly (our little RX-7) but more and more things seem to be going wrong with it lately, even though we don't drive it much.
I got two quick scrapbook layouts done yesterday. It felt good to be creative, even if they were just quick and easy portrait layouts. One of my friends is coming over this weekend to help me work on cleaning out and reorganizing my scrapbooking room...I want to repaint it (the yellow just isn't working for me, and neither is the wallpaper border) and really make it a cozy place to work. I have missed scrapbooking so much and want to get back to it this year.
So no deep thoughts from me today...but a quick update letting you know that we're still here and doing well!
1 comment:
Yes, the variety of ethnic restaurants here in Anchorage is nice... but doesn't hold a candle to Washington D.C. and Baltimore City, MD.
How did the scientce project go? What was the project about? And the Ireland presentation? How did that go?
Your girls are growing up so fast! I can't believe it!
Post a Comment