I've had every intention of blogging every day for the last week...things just seem to get in the way! But today is Christmas and I really wanted to wish everyone (that would be all 5 people who read this blog, LOL!) a Merry Christmas!
My sister M and her DH are here visiting and we've had so much fun together. I'm sad that her visit is so short, but it has been wonderful to have her here. I'm enjoying some time off work and sleeping in (except this morning) has been great.
The ward choir sang on Sunday, despite 90% of the choir members being sick with various colds, sinus problems, etc. It was truly a Christmas miracle that most of the choir members were able to sing...one brother in particular was hardly able to speak before we started singing, but he sang beautifully and perfectly...right after Sacrament Meeting was over his voice started to go away again. I love music, and especially Christmas music. I enjoy being part of it.
We celebrated our traditional Christmas Eve last night...A and B put on a fun show filled with piano performances, two dances they choreographed themselves ("Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" will now be a perennial favorite), a story reading (story written by B and her uncle B), and of course the reading of the Christmas Story from the Bible. We were able to engage in some service activities that we enjoyed and had a huge Christmas dinner. Last minute errands and shopping throughout the day, of course, but it was really fabulous. Got to bed too late and got up too early...
The girls woke up bright and early to see what Santa brought. My parents and sister M and her DH came over for the opening of the gifts. Santa was very good to all of us, as usual. I'm looking forward to trying out my new Cricut and my new car stereo. We've spent the day with family, playing new games and watching new movies.
But it wouldn't be Christmas without an adventure of some sort...for us, it was locking ourselves out of our house this morning! ROTFLOL Yes, we really did. After we finished opening gifts at our house we decided to go to my parents' house for them to open gifts. Went out the front door and I didn't take my keys. DH doesn't have a house key right now (it got lost) and all of the doors were locked. DH had to break into our house. It really wasn't funny at the time, but it is now.
All in all, a completely wonderful Christmas. I'm excited to see what the new year holds for all of us.
I hope you have all enjoyed a merry Christmas, filled with fun and love and surrounded by family and friends!
1 comment:
Merry Christmas Steph! I'm glad that you had a great day!
Kate
Post a Comment