Today might as well be a Monday.
I went to the dentist today on my lunch break. What a fun way to spend a lunch break. That, in itself, is bad enough. But to find out that you need $1100 in dental work? That's miserable. And to find out that the two teeth that need the dental work aren't even bothering you, aren't sensitive in the least, and seem to be perfectly fine...while the tooth that does hurt doesn't need any work at all? That's just ridiculous.
My car has been shaking when I go over 60 mph (and you know I love to go over 60 mph!)...turns out I need my tires balanced...and, BTW, need new front tires. Well, this morning as I pulled out of my driveway, something kept bumping and thumping. I don't know much about cars, but I know enough to know that bumping and thumping isn't good. Sure enough, one of my front tires is totally, completely flat...and halfway off the rim. So I guess I'll be getting those new tires a little sooner than I had planned.
My rant for the day....actually, I have two today. Because it's been that kind of day.
1. When you go to a store and one door is clearly marked "Enter" and the other door is clearly marked "Exit," PLEASE use the doors appropriately. In other words, when you are Wal-Mart (yes, I can't stand that store either but sometimes there isn't much choice) and you find yourself in front of the store, ready to walk in, please use the door marked "Enter." When leaving the store, please use the door marked "Exit." Yes, I realize that both Wal-Marts here in town have those doors reversed (exit on the left, enter on the right), but please....use the correct door. It would cut down on the number of people walking into each other.
2. Please, please, please do not use a cell phone (or any phone, for that matter) in the restroom. That's just gross. Disgusting. Nasty. Have you never watched the "Mythbusters" episode about germs in restrooms? And besides, no one wants to hear your conversation. Thank you. (Of course, in case of emergency, please feel free to use the phone in the restroom...but not for routine conversations -- there is a lady at work who carries on lengthy phone calls in a foreign language while in the restroom stalls...and it grosses me out).
A pitched a great game in her softball game Tuesday night and will probably pitch in the next game, as well. She only walked two batters and seems to have regained her pitching intensity and confidence. I'm very happy about that. She did a great job in the other positions she has played this year, but her heart is on the pitching mound.
B is thoroughly enjoying soccer. We're having some piano lesson issues, but she's doing really well. She plays very well by ear -- something I have never been able to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment