The final Harry Potter book was released over the weekend (just in case you didn’t know, LOL!). A and I have both finished reading it. I’m now rereading it to catch a lot of the little details (there are so many!) and will then reread the entire series. I have to say that I love the book. Some of the deaths were quite unexpected and sad…one in particular in the beginning really hit me hard. I don’t want to give anything away, but let me just tell you a new hero emerges (among the many other heroes) – at least this character is a hero to me -- and that particular hero is pretty darn awesome! And another character finally finds the greatness within and lives up to amazing potential. Hope I didn’t give too much away! I am very happy with the final battle – one thing in particular made me very happy. Can’t tell you yet…not until my sisters have finished reading the book.
My sisters and I had a lengthy discussion after Book 6 came out, trying to figure out what the horcruxes were and what might happen in the final book. I’m happy to report that we were right! We were also right about the role Hogwarts would play. Don’t you love it when you’re right?
It’s sad to think that this is the end of the series, although J.K. Rowling has said that she may write an “encyclopedia” to accompany the series, to fill in the backstory on many of the characters and more information on certain places, things, etc. I hope she does. And I think there is plenty of room available for her to come back in the future, if she ever decided to, and do more with some of the characters…both old and new. That would be pretty neat.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming…full Disney trip report coming as soon as I can get the pictures uploaded!
2 comments:
Im going to read it as soon as it's out on paperback... or when I find a kind soul to loan one to me - too cheap to get it in hardback version.
OH - we loved it too - I've read it twice now - one out loud to the kids (in a record 14 hours) and once by myself (because I read faster when I don't have to read out loud) and I am now chomping the bit to buy the book on cd so I can listen to someone else read it to me at work - I was so happy with the ending - much more and a little different then I expected.
Post a Comment