Sunday, April 29, 2007

Spring has sprung....

and it brought seasonal allergies along with it! Such fun. Not! DH thinks he has allergies, and we know B does. She doesn't want to take her Claritin. I think we need to put her back on a prescription allergy medicine. Poor kid. Both girls are actually not feeling well today. B's stomach trouble is acting up again, and A is getting a bad head cold, complete with sore throat and sinus headache. So yes, spring is finally here...and with the blooming and growth comes allergy and cold season.

Our lesson in YW today was on the Temple. I was able to share with the girls how important the temple is to me and what peace I find when I go to the temple. I need to go more regularly. I have felt a real need...a real, almost physical yearning, to attend the temple. It's hard to explain, but I know I need to be there more often. I have been struggling to get answers to some issues that have been troubling me and I think going to the temple would really help.

Preparations are in full swing for the arrival of DH's parents this weekend for B's baptism. The house is slowly getting cleaned...slowly, but it's getting there. DH and the girls worked really hard yesterday and got a lot done while I was at work. I appreciate that DH is willing to jump in and do whatever needs to be done. Now if he could just get the bathroom remodeling project finished...

There is only one more month of school. Wow! This year has flown by. Both girls have done really well in school but I'm hopin for more next year...I'm hoping they'll be challenged more and have their learning needs met. That really hasn't happened since we moved here but I'm hoping. DH has learned a lot through the gifted education classes he has taken this year and I'm hoping we can implement some of it with the girls' teachers next year.

B had a soccer game yesterday...they didn't win but she did a good job. She played offense for the first time. The kids on her team are all about 2 years older than she is but she holds her own. A has another softball game tomorrow night. She loves softball!

We need to replant some things in our garden. We got a late freeze a couple of weeks ago and it killed the cucumbers and squash....our favorite things from the garden! I hope it isn't too late to find new starts for those. I look forward to having fresh cucumbers and squash each summer. I detest working in the garden, but I do love eating the fresh fruits and veggies that we grow!

I have a new favorite smell....spring. Every day this week as I was leaving work, there was a scent that hit me as I stepped outside of the building. The only way I can describe it is warm, woodsy, with a little pine, and a bit of floral and grass scent. It's a lovely smell. I found myself standing just outside the door on Friday after I stepped out of the building, just soaking in that smell. Love it!

No comments: