As most of you know, a storm system moved through the southeast last night. It was not fun. Tornadoes, high winds, rain, hail, etc. My heart aches for the city of Enterprise, Alabama. We were fortunate here...although we were under a tornado warning for some time in our county, no tornadoes touched down. DH was at a basketball game last night so it was just me and the girls. We went to my parents' house for a few hours and kept a careful eye on the weather. We went home and I tried to put the girls to bed but the storm was loud and they were nervous...as was I...so there wasn't much sleeping going on. I kept calling my Dad to make sure everything was o.k. because the local news channel kept saying to take shelter because of the tornado warnings. I wasn't sure if I should herd the girls (and the dog) into the bathroom in the middle of the house, or if we were far enough away from the danger spots that I didn't need to do that and make them (and myself) even more nervous. A was quite nervous and was very relieved when DH got home. So was I. And the dog....that darn dog kept running through the house whining, whimpering, and howling. Ugh.
Some surrounding counties were hit hard. I am so thankful that we were not.
Last night made me very, very thankful that we live so close to family. Spending time with them last night watching American Idol (and keeping an eye on the weather) helped keep the girls and me calm and somewhat distracted. It was very comforting to know that my Dad was just a phone call away, a couple of minutes away by car if we needed him, or that I could grab the girls and get to my parents' house quickly.
Last night my sister was doing some kind of quiz that is supposed to predict life span. Apparently I will live to be about 83 years old because I am intense and aggressive...this will reduce my expected life span. Who, me? Intense? Aggressive? Surely not! My daughters kept laughing at me last night because I tend to think I'm more easy-going so I was arguing the point. They disagree -- and think that my arguing the point actually made their point for them. Maybe I am intense about some things...but the nice thing is that I don't let things build up -- I have a momentary explosion and then it's gone and I'm back to calm and easy going. I think. Maybe others would disagree....
Anyway, for today I'm just glad that the storm has passed and it's FRIDAY. Yea!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment